Welcome to a set of pages I've put together about kayaking and other paddle sports.
This page is not intended to be the kayak page, though I have tried to maintain a comprehensive and organized list of information relating to kayaking and paddle sports on the web. I also have a set of my own projects that are included in these pages - though they are seperate projects from these pages. I also will try to feature some site that I think is worth a visit. Hopefully this page will continue to expand as I have
time and as others contribute info and create their own pages. Please
contribute or give some
feedback!! I will take anything paddle related (URLs, pics, etc).
How these pages are structured:
As this site grew I divided the information up into subpages. This document explains those divisions. To see a detailed account of how every page is structured you should check out an explanation of the anatomy of an average page.
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions for both WW and Sea Kayaking as well as surfing
- Trips - Trip reports many with photos - and some nearly whole web sites on their own.
- Other Web Sites - Other WWW sites containing mostly paddle related information
- Organizations - Official pages for organizations, clubs, etc.
- Outfitters - Pages of commercial outfitter operations.
- Personal - Pages from individuals - though not necessarily about themselves.
- Paddling Pictures - Photo galleries - note however that there are many photos present in other categories, particularly trips.
- Water Info - Conservation, Flows, Maps, etc.
- Misc - Alot of information
- events - paddling events, including schedules results and photos
- magazines - Online magazines or information about other magazines
- misc - I don't know where else to put it!
- polo - Kayak Polo pages
- related-craft - Not exactly a kayak or a canoe but...
- retail - Items of consumer interest
- safety - Educate yourself
- Usenet - Right now all this page contains is a link to the newsgroup itself, but I am working on making selected posts available on the Web.
- What's New Changes and additions
Other pages:(Note this info is now a bit out of date!)
- Overview - This page
- Anatomy - An explanation of the standard page structure
- Submissions - A form for submitting URLs for inclusion in these pages
- Feedback - General comments on this site
- Disclaimer - For those who care about such a thing
I use PKP often as an abbreviation for Preston's Kayak Page
Flatwater (including: Sea Kayak, Lake, etc)
If you are not autoloading images, you should at least load and cache these
[Return to PKP] [Submit a link] [Feedback]
© 1995 Preston Holmes